Fancy a break in Norway where there is no need to go to bed as daylight shines continuously and the ever-changing scenery is mesmerising morning, noon and night? Hurtigruten has launched a new summer short break programme, tying in with the Midnight Sun and new flights from Gatwick to Tromso, launched by Norwegian. A selection of five and six day flight inclusive breaks are available that offer the opportunity to experience a range of new summer excursions including many excuses to stay away from your bed such as a Midnight Sun kayaking trip and evening hiking.
With just a few days away, time is short and these breaks are designed to make the most of both daytime and night-time. New excursions make it possible to go kayaking or hiking at night (which is actually still daylight) so there is no excuse to miss anything on your short break!
· Sea Kayaking - £161pp – Experience the calm waters of Norway by kayak, paddling the coast with rugged mountains as the background.
· Midnight Sun Kayaking - £187pp – with fully trained guides, explore the arctic marine life by the light of the midnight sun.
· Mountain Hiking –from £122pp - full day, half day and short evening options are available, designed to suit different levels of hikers from the more experience who lie to spend an entire day on the mountain to couples and friends who prefer an easier hike.
· Guided Trip to the Polar Museum – from £110pp – Includes a tour of Tromso to learn about its part in polar expeditions and a visit to the Polar Museum.
· Birdwatching at Lake Prestvannet – from £84pp – Learn about the birds at Lake Prestvannet nature reserve including the red-throated diver.
· Jeep Safari to Sommaroy - £180pp (Based on four persons) – this half day trip includes a journey passing mountains, fjords, reindeer and birds and the chance to do some fishing, see beaches, birdlife and maybe meet local fishermen.
In to the Arctic Summer (Bergen – Tromso) - £1075pp – Available on 19 selected dates between 5 April and 6 September, this five-day voyage includes highlights such as Alesund, Geirangerfjord, Trondheim and sailing through the Lofoten Islands. Prices are from £1075pp to include return flights from Gatwick, three night’s h/b on the ship, one night’s b/b hotel in Tromso and transfers.
Lofoten - The Scenic South (Tromso – Bergen) - £1075pp – Available on 24 selected dates between 3 April and 11 September, this five-day voyage includes highlights such as sailing through the Vesteralen Islands, an Arctic Circle crossing ‘baptism’, Trondheim and Kristiansund. Prices are from £1075pp to include return flights from Gatwick, three night’s h/b on the ship, one night’s b/b hotel in Tromso and transfers.
Land of the Midnight Sun (Tromso _Kirkenes - Tromso) - £999pp – Available on 14 selected dates between 13 April and 14 September, this five-day voyage includes highlights such as Honningsvag, the gateway to the North Cape, Kirkenes and Vardo. Prices are from £999pp to include return flights from Gatwick, three night’s h/b on the ship, one night’s b/b hotel in Tromso and transfers.
For the first time, it is possible to read all about Hurtigruten’s new Short Voyages on an iPad as a downloadable version of the brochure has been produced.
For more information call Hurtigruten – 0844 448 7601 www.hurtigruten.co.uk