Dedicated Itinerary Focuses on the Philippines' Unique Culture and Natural History
Zegrahm Expeditions, t is pleased to announce a brand-new itinerary to the Philippines in 2015. This 21-day expedition explores the most intriguing islands of the vast Philippines archipelago, offering a host of unique opportunities to expose travelers to the undiscovered gems that make this country so intriguing. For example, travelers will have two opportunities to swim among whale sharks. Guests can get up close and personal with these gentle marine giants in one of the best places in the world to see them.
Highlights of this expedition include:
- Cruising up a subterranean river, past bizarre rock formations and vast caverns, at St. Paul’s Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Snorkeling or diving in crystal-clear waters to search for a variety of marine life—tiny pygmy seahorses, colorful nudibranches, and manta rays.
- Experiencing legendary Filipino hospitality throughout traditional villages and remote island communities.
- Searching for over 600 birds, 194 of which are endemic, including the Palawan peacock-pheasant, sulphur-bellied bulbul, Philippine cuckoo-dove, and Palawan hornbill.
- Visiting the geologically unique Chocolate Hills, a series of conical mounds that resemble chocolate kisses.
“We are thrilled to offer this new opportunity for our guests to see the stunning natural and cultural wonders of the Philippines,” says Zegrahm President Edwin Blythe. “Not only are we the only company to offer a dedicated expedition to the Philippines, we recently visited the country to scout the itinerary and to finalize the expedition details to ensure this is a truly once-in-a-lifetime trip.”
This expedition is aboard the 100-guest Caledonian Sky from February 7 – 27, 2015, is priced from $17,480 per person, and is being led by Zegrahm cofounders Mike Messick and Jack Grove. For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call 1-800-628-8747.
Have you subscribed to World of Cruising magazine yet? Follow this link now.