Tall ship cruise specialist Star Clippers has announced new ports, new destinations and new itineraries for 2014 on board the line’s three head-turning sailing ships, Star Clipper, Star Flyer and Royal Clipper, including a maiden season in Cuba, a sailing taking in the Monaco Grand Prix, new sailings from Mallorca and new port calls in Porto, Formentera and Corsica.
In February 2014, Star Flyer will operate a maiden season in Cuba, returning to the island for second season from November 2013.
In May 2014, Grand Prix fans will be able to access the atmosphere of the most prestigious race of the F1 season in Monte Carlo, when guests on Star Flyer will be in pole position in the harbour.
Summer 2014 sees Star Clippers sailing a season from Palma de Mallorca for the first time, while new ports of call for the Mediterranean season include Porto and the Scandolo Nature Reserve in Corsica, and La Sabina in Formentera.
Another brand new itinerary has been introduced for the 2014-15 Caribbean season; Royal Clipper will operate a completely new cruise in March 2015, spending a leisurely two weeks sailing the southern Caribbean and skimming the coast of South America on a one-off voyage to Venezuela and the Dutch Caribbean.
In addition to new destinations and routes, there is more variation in length of cruise than ever before, from a three-night taster from Venice in September to a 21-night transatlantic crossing on Royal Clipper from Barbados to Rome.
Highlights for 2014 include:
· NEW destination – Cuba - on Star Flyer for February 2014
· NEW Caribbean itineraries from Panama to Cuba and Cuba to St Maarten in 2014
· NEW Itinerary taking in the Monaco Grand Prix in May 2014
· NEW departure port for summer 2014 – Palma de Mallorca
· NEW sailing area in Corsica for 2014, visiting the remote Scandola Nature Reserve
· NEW ports of call in Venezuela and the Caribbean in 2015
· Up to 20% early booking discount on certain itineraries
· 5% discount for Star Clippers repeat passengers
Maiden Cuba season for Star Flyer
The 170-passenger Star Flyer will sail to Cuba for the first time in February 2014, offering a series of seven-night itineraries out of the historic southern port of Cienfuegos, calling at some of Cuba’s most beautiful beaches and anchorages, as well as the Cayman Islands. From November 2014, the ship will return to Cuba offering cruises from five to seven nights. There will be options to extend each cruise in Havana, the island’s capital.
· From £870 (plus £90 port charges) per person for a five-night taster cruise from Cienfuegos, departing December 2, 2014 (excluding flights)
· This exciting new season for Star Flyer commences with a 14-night repositioning voyage from Balboa, Panama, to Cuba – a unique opportunity to enjoy a Panama Canal transit, two calls in Colombia and a visit to the Cayman Islands. From £2,440 (plus £285 port charges) per person, excluding flights, departing February 2, 2014.
New mini-cruises in the Mediterranean
Royal Clipper will sail three short ‘taster’ cruises in 2014, out of Venice (three nights), Rome (four nights) and Malaga (five nights). The Venice cruise calls at Rovinj in Croatia and Piran in Slovenia. The Malaga itinerary visits the Balearic Islands and the Rome departure calls at ports in Corsica and Sardinia. Star Clipper will also offer a five-night voyage from Athens to Valletta, via ports in Greece and Sicily.
· From £630 (plus £65 port charges) for a three-night cruise round-trip from Venice, departing September 3, 2014 (excluding flights).
See the Monaco Grand Prix from Star Flyer
Star Flyer will sail a one-off Monaco Grand Prix cruise as part of a series of voyages from Monaco and Cannes. The ship will spend the day of the Grand Prix in the harbour at glamorous Monte Carlo, near the heart of the action, before sailing to Corsica and ports along the French Riviera. Many of the Monaco and Cannes departures visit the Scandola Nature Reserve on Corsica, a new call for Star Clippers, cruising an area known for its dramatic rock formations and bird life, including sea eagles.
· From £1,380 (plus £155 port charges) per person, departing May 24, 2014 (excluding flights and Grand Prix tickets).
New cruises from Palma de Mallorca
Star Flyer will operate a series of seven-night voyages from the yachting paradise of Palma de Mallorca, cruising the Balearic islands (a favourite sailing spot of the King of Spain) and calling at anchorages only accessible to small ships, including the sleepy but beautiful islands of Formentera and lively Puerto Pollença on Mallorca.
· From £1,315 per person (plus £155 port charges) for departures in July and August, 2014 (excluding flights).
For 2015: New Caribbean itinerary for Royal Clipper
Royal Clipper will spend winter 2014/15 operating her usual enticing Windward Isles and Grenadines itineraries out of Barbados but a new, exciting cruise has been added, circling the entire southern Caribbean. Departing Barbados, the 14-night voyage calls at four ports in Venezuela (the coast of which is scattered with beautiful, unspoiled islands); the ‘ABC’ islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao in the Dutch Caribbean; and the Grenadines and St Lucia.
· From £2,660 (plus £250 port charges) per person, departing March 28, 2015 (excluding flights).
Eastern and Western Mediterranean and Caribbean
Many popular itineraries are continued for summer 2014, not least Star Clipper’s series of sailings from Athens to various Greek islands and Turkish ports, as well as longer, 11 and 12-night Western Mediterranean itineraries on Royal Clipper, sailing between Venice and Rome. Winter 2014/15 sees all three ships sailing the Caribbean, with a choice of departures from Barbados, St Maarten or ports in Costa Rica and Cuba.
Early booking discounts of up to 20% are available on winter bookings made before April 30, 2014 and summer bookings made before January 31, 2014.
The 2014-15 season is featured in a new preview brochure. To book or for a copy, tel. 0845 200 6145 or visit www.starclippers.co.uk.
Star Clippers reservations: 0845 200 6145