Windstar showcases the local Asian culture and cuisine through new free exclusive Private Events such as A Feast for the Senses, a Private Event held in Phuket on the Singapore & Malay Peninsula voyage. Guests are welcomed with a traditional flower garland and a Long Drum Parade and dancers. Thai dishes are served at dinner at the award-winning restaurant, Sala Bua (Pavilion of Lotus). The night ends with a private performance of graceful Thai dance. Additionally there are expert guest lecturers and local entertainers on each voyage to bring local flavors to life, even when on board the ship.
“Cruising is a great way to experience Asia and Windstar can take you closer to the destination. For example, on the Treasures of Southeast Asia itinerary, Star Pride is docked right in the city center of Hong Kong, the same terminal as the Victoria Ferry rather than the standard cruise terminal. Guests can get off the yacht and immediately begin to explore the city,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar Cruises’ chief executive officer. “We curated these new Asia voyages with the local experience in mind, our product managers toured the regions sampling cuisines, talking to locals, visiting the UNESCO sites to create the best itineraries possible. I think our guests will be impressed with the offerings.”
Star Pride’s Asia voyages include:
Singapore & the Malay Peninsula
Discover the melting pot of Malaysia and Thailand on this 10-day round trip voyage from Singapore. This voyage visits Penang, Langkawi, Pulau Pangkor, Kuala Lumpur, and Malacca, Malaysia; as well as Phuket, and Ko Yao Noi, Thailand. The free exclusive private event, Phuket: A Feast for the Senses, gives guests the opportunity to enjoy local culture with a Long Drum Parade and a private dinner at the award-winning restaurant, Sala Bua (Pavilion of Lotus).
Treasures of Southeast Asia
Cruise in private yacht style on this 14-day voyage from the haute couture of Singapore’s legendary Orchard Road to French-flavored Ho Chi Minh City (the former Saigon) and the monuments of Hanoi. The voyage starts in Singapore and visits Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoi (Haiphong), and Halong Bay, Vietnam before ending in Hong Kong. The free exclusive private event, Hoi An: Dreams of Floating Lanterns, is the perfect way to experience the best Vietnam has to offer in arts, crafts, culture, and cuisine with a private performance of lion dances and dinner at Nam Long, a beautiful restaurant on the Thu Bon River.
Vietnam combines beauty and culture in one perfect experience on Windstar’s 10-day voyage from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Hong Kong. Ports of call include Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoi (Haiphong), and Halong Bay. The free exclusive private event, Hoi An: Dreams of Floating Lanterns, allows guests to enjoy local culture and practice skills like Vietnamese letter drawing, lantern-making, and wood-engraving interactive workshops.
For guests who are looking to extend their cruise vacation with a land experience, The Wonders of Angkor Wat can be added on to this itinerary. The three-day journey explores the ancient temples of Cambodia with visits to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and the Angkor Temple of Ta Prohm. The package starts at $1,535 and includes airfare to or from Ho Chi Minh City, two nights accommodation at the five-star Le Meridien Angkor and a gourmet dinner with traditional Cambodian entertainment and dance performance.
Pearls of the Indian Ocean
Sail through some of the Andaman Sea’s most breathtaking islands and bays and explore the colonial Old Towns, ancient cave temples, and melting pot cities on this 15-day voyage from Dubai, UAE to Singapore. Star Pride visits Mumbai, Mangalore, and Cochin, India; Phuket, Thailand; and Penang, Malaysia. This itinerary highlights everything from India’s colorful cities to the tranquil beauty of Thailand’s beaches.
Windstar’s Asia voyages offer the following:
- Best value in luxury travel: for $3,999 per person, guests receive two free hotel nights, a spacious, all new suite on Star Pride, Windstar’s first power yacht, and a spectacular Private Event, created exclusively for Windstar guests.
- In-depth local experiences: Windstar showcases local cultures and cuisines through expert guest lecturers and local entertainers who come on board every voyage.
- Acclaimed itineraries: recognized for unique itineraries and authentic experiences, Windstar’s Singapore & Malay Peninsula was recently showcased by Fodor’s as one of the Top 10 New Cruise Itineraries in 2014. Additionally, the line offers exclusive overnight experiences in both Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and Da Nang.
- Special access of small ship cruising: Windstar can get close enough for guests to experience these extraordinary places. Star Pride docks in city centers where larger ships can’t go, including the center of Hong Kong, the center of Penang, and the center in Halong Bay where junks come right alongside for guests to board from the deck of the yacht.
- Convenience and ease of travel: Windstar’s combination of small ship luxury and world-class service on board and on shore bring peace of mind when exploring new countries.
To download Windstar’s complete Asia brochure go here. For more information about these new itineraries, hotel and land packages, and to book, contact a travel professional, call Windstar at 800-258-7245, or visit www.WindstarCruises.com.